Governor Walz announced today that the dial will turn forward on current COVID-19 restrictions effective January 11, 2021. Major changes include the reopening of restaurants and bars, indoor events and entertainment, movie theaters, youth sports, and gyms restrictions being loosened. Walz also announced that business relief checks will be sent in the next week. Full details can be found in Executive Order 21-01 or Minnesota’s Stay Safe Plan.
Bars & Restaurants will be allowed to reopen for indoor service with the following restrictions:
- Indoor occupant capacity to 50% of normal capacity with a maximum capacity of 150
- Maximum outdoor capacity is 150
- Maximum capacity per table is 6 with 6 feet of separation required between tables
- Bar seating will be allowed in pairs of two with 6 feet of separation between pairs
- Reservations will be required
- A 10 p.m. curfew for bars & restaurants
Outdoor event capacity will be increased to 250.
Indoor entertainment venues will be allowed to reopen with the following restrictions:
- Limit indoor occupant capacity to 25% of normal capacity
- Maximum indoor occupant capacity of 150
- Food service must end at 10 p.m.
- Movie theaters will be allowed to reopen
- Weddings and receptions with no food or drink service follow indoor entertainment venue guidance.
- Weddings and receptions with food or drink service must follow social gathering guidelines with a maximum limit of 10 attendees from two households for indoor events and 15 attendees from three households for outdoor events.
Pool and dart leagues to be allowed:
- Maximum of six participants per tournament
- Masks must be worn during participation
- Social distancing must be maintained during the event.
Fitness centers will be allowed to slightly increase capacity:
- Gym capacity remains at 25% of normal capacity
- Maximum capacity increases from 100 to 150
- Gym goers are required to maintain nine feet of separation
- Group fitness sessions are allowed with class sizes up to 25
- Mask requirements remain in effect
- Pools will reopen at 25% capacity with a maximum capacity of 150
Youth and organized sports will be allowed to resume games on January 14:
- Spectator capacity will follow the requirements of indoor/outdoor entertainment venues
Religious services will remain at 50% capacity with the 250-limit removed.
All workers who can work from home must work from home.