You are here
COVID-19 Info & Resources
Below is a working document consisting of Greater Mankato Growth members and non-member businesses. For additions or to suggest a correction, please email email@example.com or post your company update on our FB page here.
Greater Mankato Growth, Inc. teamed up with the City of Mankato, Minnesota Government to develop this interactive map that shows the locations of business options available during this time, and also provides information like business hours and alternative purchasing options like delivery and take-out. We hope this can further help our area's businesses during this uncertain time!
We're Here For You
What We're Doing
Legislation/Regulations Impacting Businesses
- NEW March 25: Stay at Home Order: Minnesota Model (Executive Order 20-20)
- NEW March 25: Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act - Key Provisions Impacting Employers (GMG Blog Post)
ALL Executive Orders Issued by Governor Tim Walz (related to COVID-19)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act — New Paid Leave Programs Impacting Employers (GMG Blog post)
- Unemployment Insurance Update (GMG Blog post)
- Business Tax Issues Update (GMG Blog post)
- Resources from MN Dept of Employment & Economic Development (DEED)
- Shared Work Program Alternative to Layoffs Utilizing Unemployment Insurance — If you have work to be done and two or more employees, you can reduce all employee's hours and Unemployment Insurance will pick up a portion of the lost pay for each employee.
- DEED Emergency Loan Program (separate from the SBA loan program)
- Critical Sector Work Exemption Guidance
- U.S. Small Business Administration — Guidance for Businesses and Employees to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
Business Specific Resources
- CDC’s Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce — COVID-19 Business Preparedness Checklist
- COVID-19 Business Toolkit from the MN Chamber of Commerce
- Workplace Compliance for Employers [pdf]
- Eide Bailly has a list of articles regarding specific financial situations that some businesses might be experiencing
- CliftonLarsonAllen — Financial Management and Disaster Relief
- Are you looking to hire temp staff as a result of COVID-19? Fill out this brief form. The data collected will be shared publicly and with DEED.
The ongoing results can be found here.
- Mankato clinic offers hotline and safe screening measures for COVID-19.
- Mayo Clinic Health System Deferring Elective Care
- City of Mankato News Updates
- City of North Mankato News Updates
- Blue Earth County COVID-19 Hotline & other resources
- Protect Yourself from Scams & Price Gouging: The attorney general has asked that price gouging be reported as well as scams.
- Financial Counseling available to Local Residents from Lutheran Social Services — budget counseling, strategies to address debt, housing counseling, student loan repayment counseling and more.
- Greater Mankato Area United Way Nonprofit Volunteer and Donation Needs
- MN Valley Action Council (MVAC) — Energy Assistance Program [PDF] | Energy Programs Application [PDF]
- Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation resources: for nonprofits, small businesses, child care issues, relief funds, etc.
- Swipe It Forward Program — Keep our community and small business industry strong with donations or gift card purchases. Thank you to River Valley Woman Magazine for launching this program!
Mankato Are Public Schools Health Services — Updated info on COVID-19
Mankato Area Public Schools News Updates
- COVID-19 MN Hotlines
- Health questions (7 am to 7 pm): 651.201.3920 or 1.800.657.3903
- School and child care questions (7 am to 7 pm): 651.297.1304 or 1.800.657.3504
- DHS hotline for child care providers with COVID-19-related questions: 888.234.1268
- MDH Hotline: question for the general
- Resources for Travelers — from Visit Mankato
- Please follow CDC recommendations for returning travelers.
- Follow recommendations for businesses from the Minnesota Department of Health
- MN Dept of Health Food & Nutrition Assitance
- Information from the MN Department of Health
- Help Decrease the Spread of Coronavirus [pdf]
- Mayo Clinic Health System Responds to COVID-19 News Release [pdf]
- MN Board of Animal Health — information related to farm animals and pets
- World Health Organization
More from the CDC