You are here
Greater Mankato Growth and Affiliates Elect New Board Members | Executive Committees Announced
MANKATO, Minn. (March 15, 2016) – At the 2016 Greater Mankato Growth, Inc. (GMG) Annual Meeting on March 10, members of Greater Mankato Growth approved the slate of candidates to fill seats for new terms (3/2016 - 3/2019) on the GMG Board of Directors. The new and returning members of the Greater Mankato Growth board include:
· Dr. Sheri Allen, Mankato Area Public Schools
· *Pam Jagdfeld, Nifty Home Products, Inc.
· *Todd Loosbrock, U.S. Bank
· *Jim Marzolf, CliftonLarsonAllen
· *Dr. Annette Parker, South Central College
· *Chad Surprenant, ISG
On March 10, the GMG board also met to elect the Officers and Executive Committee for the 2015 – 2016 year. The new Executive Committee includes:
· Chair: Todd Loosbrock, U.S. Bank
· Past Chair: Julia Ketcham Corbett, Blethen, Gage & Krause, PLLP
· Vice Chair: Ron Vetter, Vetter Stone
· Secretary/ Treasurer: Chad Surprenant, ISG
· At-Large Officer: Jim Beal, Regional Economic Development Alliance (REDA) Advisory Committee Chair
· At-Large Officer: Rob Else, EI Microcircuits
· At-Large Officer: Jim Marzolf, CliftonLarsonAllen
Also elected to fill a midterm vacancy through 3/2018 was Najwa Massad of Massad Group. In addition, two ex-officio (with full voting rights) board member transitions occurred which included the Chair of the City Center Partnership, Tami Paulsen and Vice Chair of the Regional Economic Development Alliance (REDA), Bob Broeder.
The Greater Mankato Growth Inc. Board of Governors also approved the slate of candidates to fill seats for new terms on both the Visit Mankato and City Center Partnership Boards of Governors.
The new and returning members of the Visit Mankato Board of Governors include:
· *Alissa Brekke, Vice President of Pioneer Bank
· *Randy Knutson, Owner of Knutson Casey Lawn Firm
· Boe Lindvall, General Manager of Courtyard by Marriott
· *Peter Olson, Executive Director of Children’s Museum of Southern Minnesota
· *Jessica Potter, Executive Director of Blue Earth County Historical Society
The new and returning members of the City Center Partnership Board of Governors include:
· *Tom Frederick Jr., Pub 500
· Tony Friesen, Friesen’s Family Bakery & Bistro
· Christopher Person, Mankato Independent Originals
· *Kyle Smith, Tailwind Group
· *Stacey Straka, PresenceMaker
Both the Visit Mankato and City Center Partnership Board of Governors elected its new executive committees as well. New officers include:
· Chair: JO Guck Bailey, Radio Mankato
· Vice Chair: Jennifer Epper, Buffalo Wild Wings
· Secretary/ Treasurer: Alissa Brekke, Pioneer Bank
· At-Large Officer: Mike Drummer, Drummer Companies
· At-Large Officer: Kevin Buisman, Minnesota State University, Mankato Athletics
City Center Partnership
- Chair: Tami Paulsen
- Past Chair: Tom Frederick, Jr.
- Secretary/Treasurer: Steve Olson
- Aesthetics & Livability Committee Chair: Stacey Straka
- Business Development & Retention Committee Chair: Jim Whitlock
- CityArt Committee Representative: Kevin Velasquez
- Marketing & Promotions Committee Chair: Randy Zellmer
About Greater Mankato Growth, Inc.
Greater Mankato Growth (GMG) is committed to advancing business for a stronger community. As the Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development organization serving the regional marketplace, GMG exists to intentionally develop the regional center by promoting, supporting and serving as a catalyst for economic development through business growth, retention and attraction, talent growth retention and attraction, regional livability and advocacy of the marketplace. Greater Mankato Growth, Inc. includes two affiliates: Visit Mankato, which focuses on visitor attraction and servicing, and the City Center Partnership, which focuses on development in the City Center.