You are here
Greater Mankato Growth Brings Worldwide Leadership Broadcast
(February 10, 2014) MANKATO, MINN. - Greater Mankato Growth is proud to bring Leadercast®, a live broadcast of nine world-renowned leaders presented by Center for Business and Industry, a division of South Central College May 9, from 7 am – 3:30 pm, at South Central College.
Leadercast is a one-day leadership conference broadcast live from Atlanta, Georgia to more than 100,000 new and emerging leaders at hundreds of sites across the globe including Greater Mankato. The line-up of speakers include:
- Andy Stanley, Leadership author and communicator
- Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nobel laureate & human rights activist live from Cape Town, South Africa
- Malcolm Gladwell, Journalist and best-selling author of The Tipping Point and Outliers
- Randall Wallace, Screenwriter, director, producer & songwriter (Braveheart, Secretariat)
- Jack Welch, Former CEO of General Electric
- Laura Schroff, Former ad sale executive and best-selling author of An Invisible Thread
- Dr. Henry Cloud, Clinical psychologist and leadership consultant
- Simon Sinek, Best-selling author of Start with Why and leadership expert
- Laura Bush, First Lady of the United States (2001-2009) via exclusive video interview
“The nationally recognized speakers helped reinforce key leadership ideas that can easily be forgotten in our fast-paced and sometimes complex routines,” said Nathan Hanel, Customer Service Supervisor at Capstone and 2013 Leadercast attendee. “The fact that I was able to take part in this experience with so many other people in our community who are also passionate about leadership was an added bonus. Overall, I would describe the event as a five-star experience and recommend it to anyone in a leadership role.”
Leadercast’s mission is to positively change the way the world thinks about leadership. This year’s theme, Beyond You, challenges leaders to focus outward rather than inward. The conference is co-hosted by Tripp Cosby and Cat Deeley.
Registration is $109 per person, register online at greatermankato.com/leadercast. Greater Mankato Growth members receive a $20 discount ($89 per person) if they register before April 15.
About Greater Mankato Growth
Greater Mankato Growth (GMG) is committed to advancing business for a stronger community. As the Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development organization serving the regional marketplace, GMG advances business through: existing business support, new business growth, business promotion, talent development, public affairs, community marketing, visitor attraction and servicing and civic engagement. Greater Mankato Growth, Inc. also includes two LLCs: Visit Mankato, which focuses on visitor attraction and servicing, and the City Center Partnership, LLC, which focuses on development in the City Center.