You are here
Greater Mankato Growth Coordinates Largest Citizen Advocacy Event for Seventh Year, Greater Mankato at the Capitol March 30
MANKATO, MINN. (February 15, 2016) – For the seventh consecutive year, Greater Mankato Growth is coordinating the largest citizen advocacy event from our region on March 30 to heighten the awareness of our marketplace among state leaders. Highlights of the event include an address by Governor Mark Dayton (invited), panel discussions with legislators and key state leaders and an evening reception that all members of the legislature have been invited to attend.
All Greater Mankato citizens are invited and encouraged to participate in Greater Mankato at the Capitol. The cost to attend the event is $85 for members of Greater Mankato Growth and $100 for non-members. The tentative agenda includes:
· Luncheon briefing on key policy issues and events of the day – Courtyard by Marriott, Mankato
· Coach bus transportation to and from the event – departing from River Hills Mall Parking Lot, Mankato
· Legislative update by Doug Loon, President of the Minnesota Chamber of Commerce (invited) – Senate Office Building
· Panel discussion with regional legislators – Senate Office Building
· Evening reception with state legislators and remarks by Governor Mark Dayton (invited) – Senate Office Building
Reports on Greater Mankato at the Capitol will be tweeted throughout the day using the hashtag #katocapitol. For more information about the event and an up-to-date agenda, visit greatermankato.com/capitol. Registration closes on March 23.
About Greater Mankato Growth
Greater Mankato Growth (GMG) is committed to advancing business for a stronger community. As the Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development organization serving the regional marketplace, GMG exists to intentionally develop the regional center by promoting, supporting and serving as a catalyst for economic development through business growth, retention and attraction, talent growth retention and attraction, regional livability and advocacy of the marketplace. Greater Mankato Growth, Inc. includes two affiliates: Visit Mankato, which focuses on visitor attraction and servicing, and the City Center Partnership, which focuses on development in the City Center.