You are here
Greater Mankato Growth coordinates largest citizen advocacy event for sixth year, Greater Mankato at the Capitol January 20
MANKATO, MINN. (January 13, 2015) – For the sixth consecutive year, Greater Mankato Growth is coordinating the largest citizen advocacy event from our region on January 20 to heighten the awareness of our marketplace among state leaders. Highlights of the event include a keynote address by Governor Mark Dayton (invited), legislative panels with key state leaders and an evening reception that all members of the legislature have been invited to attend.
All Greater Mankato citizens are invited and encouraged to participate in Greater Mankato at the Capitol. The cost to attend the event is $85 for members of Greater Mankato Growth and $100 for non-members. The tentative agenda includes:
- Kick off and briefing on key policy issues and events of the day – Courtyard by Marriott, Mankato
- Coach bus transportation to and from the event – departing from River Hills Mall Parking Lot, Mankato
- Legislative update with news personality – Double Tree, St. Paul
- Keynote address by Governor Mark Dayton (invited) – Double Tree, St. Paul
- Panel discussions with legislative leaders – Double Tree, St. Paul
- Evening reception with state legislators and colleagues – Kelly Inn, St. Paul
Reports on Greater Mankato at the Capitol will be tweeted throughout the day using the hashtag #katocapitol. For more information about the event and an up-to-date agenda, visit greatermankato.com/capitol.
This event is made possible with support from our sponsors: Minnesota State University, Mankato, MTU Onsite Energy, Mayo Clinic Health System, South Central College, Mankato Brewery, ISG, Brennan Construction, Bolton & Menk, Radio Mankato, Gold Cross Ambulance, City of Mankato, Mankato Area Public Schools, Rasmussen College, The Free Press Media, Culver’s Frozen Custard and Courtyard by Marriott.
About Greater Mankato Growth
Greater Mankato Growth (GMG) is committed to advancing business for a stronger community. As the Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development organization serving the regional marketplace, GMG advances business through: existing business support, new business growth, business promotion, talent development, public affairs, community marketing, visitor attraction and servicing and civic engagement.
contact:Amy Linde, (507) 382.3993