MANKATO, MINN. (March 18, 2013) – As the Greater Mankato region has continued to grow, so has its impact on the economic vitality of the state. Letting state leaders know about Greater Mankato’s significance is what this week’s Greater Mankato at the Capitol event is all about. “This year’s delegation includes residents, business and community leaders from all walks of life, eager to share the story of Greater Mankato,” said Greater Mankato Growth President & CEO Jonathan Zierdt.
Now in its fourth year, this year’s Greater Mankato at the Capitol will be held over the course of 1½ days, March 20 – 21, with highlights including a Reception with legislators Wednesday evening and meetings with Governor Mark Dayton and other officials Thursday morning. Other highlights include:
Wednesday, March 20
- 2:00 p.m. Rally in the Capitol Rotunda
- 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. Scheduled visits with legislators
- 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Reception with legislators and other invited guest at the Double Tree Hotel, with a
- presentation on Greater Mankato at approximately 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 21 (all events take place at the Town Square Ballroom of the Double Tree Hotel)
- 8:00 – 8:40 a.m. Discussion with DEED Commissioner Katie Clark Sieben
- 8:45 – 9:15 a.m. Discussion with Governor Mark Dayton
- 11:15 a.m. – Noon Discussion with Education Commissioner Brenda Casselius
- (Other discussions may be added pending official schedule)
Reports on Greater Mankato at the Capitol will be tweeted throughout both days using the hashtag #katocapitol.
For more information about the event and an up-to-date agenda, visit greatermankato.com/capitol.
About Greater Mankato Growth, Inc.
Greater Mankato Growth, Inc. is committed to advancing business for a stronger community. As the Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development organization serving the regional marketplace, Greater Mankato Growth advances business through: existing business support, new business growth, business promotion, talent development, public affairs, community marketing, visitor attraction and servicing and civic engagement. Greater Mankato Growth, Inc. also includes two LLCs: Visit Mankato, LLC, which focuses on visitor attraction and servicing, and the City Center Partnership, LLC, which focuses on development in the City Center. For more information, visit greatermankato.com.