You are here
Help shape the future—Complete the 2020 U.S. Census
Everyone counts. Help shape the future—Complete the 2020 U.S. Census online, by mail or by phone.
EMPLOYERS: Share with your employees and encourage them to fill out the 2020 census!
As a result of the previous 2010 census the Greater Mankato area received designation as a Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA), resulting in increased resources and funding for transportation and other core infrastructure needs.
**Minnesota is on the bubble this year to lose a Congressional Seat. This short video helps explain:
Fast facts about the U.S. Census
- Census is an opportunity to shape the future of the community by helping guide how more than $675 billion in federal funding is distributed.
- Your privacy is protected.
- The census count helps determine how to divide federal funding for schools, roads and other public services.
- Census counts help provide information lawmakers, business owners, teachers and others use to provide daily services, products and support for people and the community.
- Data helps determine how many U.S. House of Representatives each state gets.
- U.S. Census counts every resident in the United States.
- Participation in census count is important.
- College students are encouraged to complete the census—If they live in dorms or in Mankato they should list Mankato as their home.
- Census is part of the U.S. Constitution.
- Census tells us where we’re going as a nation.
- Census will be mailed mid-March.
- More information is available at census.gov.