You are here
Mankato Marathon Announces 2018 Charities Program Benefactors
MANKATO, Minn.—The Mankato Marathon, presented by Mayo Clinic Health System, is excited to have the following charities take part in its 2018 Charities Program: Committee Against Domestic Abuse, Project for Teens, Children’s Museum of Southern Minnesota, Open Door Health Center, and YMCA LiveSTRONG.
- Committee Against Domestic Abuse provides safety and support to victims of domestic and sexual violence through education, advocacy, and shelter. CADA is a new Mankato Marathon Charity for 2018.
- Project for Teens is a volunteer peer education and service learning program involving high school students from Mankato. Project for Teens was a Mankato Marathon Charity from 2013 to 2015 and in 2017.
- Children’s Museum of Southern Minnesota will engage children, families, and school groups in the joy of learning through the power of play. The Children’s Museum is a returning Charity in 2018.
- Open Door Health Center provides affordable, culturally-appropriate health care through patient-centered medical, dental, and behavioral health care for all people across southern Minnesota. Open Door is a returning Charity in 2018.
- YMCA LiveSTRONG is a 12-week, small-group program designed for adult cancer survivors. The YMCA LiveSTRONG is a returning Charity in 2018.
Each program will choose four Champion Runners who will raise money for his or her respective charity. In addition to its Champion Runners, the five charities have the potential to raise additional dollars through race registrations. Runners will be able to donate to any or all the charities when they register for any Mankato Marathon race.
In 2013, the Mankato Marathon started the Charities Program as a way to give back to the community that has generously supported its races. The program is meant to be a platform for the five charities to fundraise for its cause. In 2017, the Charities Program helped selected charities raise nearly $23,000.
For more information about the 2018 Mankato Marathon Charities, visit mankatomarathon.com/charities/charities. For more information about the Mankato Marathon Charities Program, contact Joelle at email@example.com or 507-385-6679.
For more information about the Mankato Marathon, visit mankatomarathon.com.
About the 2017 Mankato Marathon:
On October 21-22, 2017 Visit Mankato and Final Stretch will host the eighth annual Mankato Marathon. This accredited race is a qualifying event for the prestigious Boston Marathon and is projected to have an eighth-year attendance of 5,000 runners. The event will continually grow to have a significant economic impact in the community and already has incredible local sponsorship, with Mayo Clinic Health System leading a long list of area businesses. There are many ways to get involved as a business, runner, volunteer or spectator. For more information on the 2017 Mankato Marathon visit mankatomarathon.com or call 507-385-6660.
About Visit Mankato:
Visit Mankato, the local convention and visitor’s bureau is an affiliate of Greater Mankato Growth, Inc., which also includes the regional chamber of commerce and economic development organization, Greater Mankato Growth, and downtown development organization, City Center Partnership. Visit Mankato leads the development of the visitor economy in Greater Mankato by activity promoting Greater Mankato as a premier destination for conventions, tournaments and tourism. These activities bring a steady flow of visitors and business activity to Greater Mankato that benefits local residents and future visitors. The work of Visit Mankato helps strengthen the hospitality industry which provides jobs, a diverse tax base and amenities for everyone to enjoy.
About Final Stretch, Inc.:
Final Stretch Inc. is a race management company that has been promoting events in the upper Midwest since 1995. The company is managed by Mark Bongers, who took over ownership of the company in 2002. Final Stretch has a business philosophy of marketing fun, unique, high-quality races to the running community. Final Stretch’s experience and quality management processes combine with each race’s “community feel” to provide runners with an experience different than any other events. It continuously looks for new events to complement the current events at Final Stretch. Additionally, Final Stretch continues to improve the service provided to each runner in order to ensure every participant can say, “Today was a great day to run and I had a fabulous time!”