You are here
Regional Seminar Featuring Top Experts Will Prepare Employers for the Affordable Care Act
First of Its Kind Seminar to be held on August 16 in Mankato
(August 9, 2013) MANKATO, MINN. - One of the most important questions facing employers today is:
How to implement the Affordable Care Act, as well as make sense of its related health insurance options and their various costs?
On Friday, August 16, Greater Mankato Growth is bringing in top experts to provide businesses and organizations small and large with the critical information and tools needed to comply with the law, understand its new health insurance options and manage costs while providing sound benefits. Featured presenters at the all-day event will include:
- April Todd-Malmlov, Executive Director of MNsure, the State of Minnesota’s Health Insurance Exchange
- Senator Tony Lourey, The legislative author of Minnesota’s Health Insurance Exchange
- Ross Manson, Principal at Eide Bailly and their Top Expert on Health Care Reform
- Scott Keefer, Vice President of Public Policy and Legislative Affairs for Blue Cross and Blue Shield of MN
- Stephen Campbell, M.D., Chief Medical Officer for Mayo Clinic Health System
The speakers will cover:
- Effects of the employer mandate's one-year delay and how to strategically plan for 2015
- Cost implications and analytics tools to help employers make the most fiscally prudent choices
- Weighing the options of “paying or playing”
- Insurance exchanges and individual subsidies
- Options that exist for small businesses and self-insured employers and employees
According to Greater Mankato Growth President & CEO Jonathan Zierdt, this may be the most comprehensive health care reform seminar of its kind offered to date. “Our employers from across the region need to be equipped with the information, knowledge and tools they’ll need to navigate the Affordable Care Act and other Health Insurance options. This comprehensive, regional, forum is designed to give them precisely that,” said Zierdt.
To ensure as many businesses as possible have access to this important information, Greater Mankato Growth is offering the seminar for just $40 for not only its own members, but those of area chambers from across South Central Minnesota, as well as other organizations. Others can also attend at the non-member rate of $80. “As a regional center, we are fortunate to be able to draw speakers of this caliber and it is incumbent that we from Greater Mankato do everything we can to ensure employers from our region can access this critical information.” said Zierdt.
Registration includes the entire seminar, which runs from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m., as well as lunch. The full day’s agenda and registration are available at greatermankato.com/events. The deadline to register is August 14.
About Greater Mankato Growth
Greater Mankato Growth (GMG) is committed to advancing business for a stronger community. As the Chamber of Commerce and Economic Development organization serving the regional marketplace, GMG advances business through: existing business support, new business growth, business promotion, talent development, public affairs, community marketing, visitor attraction and servicing and civic engagement. Greater Mankato Growth, Inc. also includes two LLCs: Visit Mankato, which focuses on visitor attraction and servicing, and the City Center Partnership, LLC, which focuses on development in the City Center.