You are here
Seats Still Available for Professional Soft Skills Academy
Join us for an insightful series to refine your soft skills. Choose from three great options to fit your schedule.
As a valued member of Greater Mankato Growth, you will receive a 10% discount when you register with promo code GMG10.
Part of the 2018 Maverick Academy Series - in partnership with Minnesota State University, Mankato.
Watch the 'Kato X' Talent Attraction and Community Promotion Video Announcement Below
More Mankato (formerly referred to as "Kato X") Media Incentives
Receive up to $3,500 credit* on production of enhanced 360° video and/or still photos (depending on level purchased).
*For the life of the contract (covers development of media - once developed, you will own this media)
For more information on how to become a subscriber and have a presence in the More Mankato (Kato X) virtual tours website, please contact 507.385.6640 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The newly appointed Talent Council will provide the overarching leadership and support to the full portfolio of work. They will serve as the executive leadership team responsible for advancing our collective response to the looming talent shortage. Using the strategic framework crafted by the Talent Fulfillment Task Force and built out by the key focus work teams, the Talent Council will help further relationships, access resources and if necessary remove barriers keeping us from achieving our goals.
Talent Council Members:
TALENT TASK FORCE
It’s been well chronicled that our economy faces a looming workforce shortage. This is perhaps one of the most critical and daunting of economic development challenges our region will face.
A task force of 13 key business and community leaders, and reviewed by the Board of Directors and a focus group of business executives, have developed a framework whereby our community can undertake coordinated actions and responses that will not only fill normal job vacancies but also meet the growth of our regional economy. The Task Force will host a business/community Summit in January to present the framework.
We invite you to join us as we collectively work, and more importantly engage and mobilize the broader community and business professionals to participate in developing and advancing solutions in areas where they can be most helpful.
THANK YOU to all those who attended our second talent summit on March 28. It was a great turnout, with more than 160 volunteers participating in the strategic work sessions. Stay tuned for more information coming soon!
The task force strives to establish key strategic priorities and tactics to achieve the desired outcomes for Talent Fulfillment.
Talent Task Force Members:
- Krista Ahlers, MTU Onsite Energy - Project Management Officer
- Prachi Hoffmeister, Walmart DC - Human Resource Manager
- John Hemstock, AgStar Financial Services- SVP Talent & Business Technology Strategies
- Chastity Valvick, Consolidated Communications - Senior Corporate Communications Specialist
- Phil Siebel, The Free Press - Advertising Director
- Bridgette Toufar, The Occasions Group / Taylor - Human Resources Manager
- Marcia Bahr, Mankato Clinic - Director of Marketing & Communications
- Diane Halvorson, South Central WorkForce Council - Executive Director
- Lucas Howk, Minnesota State University, Mankato - Internship & External Partnerships Coordinator
- Dawn Pearson, South Central College - Chief Human Resources Officer
- Heather Mueller, ISD #77 - Director of Teaching & Learning
- Abdi Sabri, African Family and Education Center - Executive Director
- Nancy Zallek, Mankato Area Foundation - Executive Director
- The Cities of Mankato and North Mankato
- Visit Mankato
- City Center Partnership