The Minneopa Golf Course has been serving the greater Mankato area for over 75 years. M.J. Donndelinger started construction on the course is 1928 and it was opened to the public in May of 1929. The course was designed by Donndelinger and John McRae, who was the club professional at the Mankato Golf Club at the time.
A tragic accident led to Donndelinger selling the course to Henry (Hank) Bohks in 1930. This started the first of three generations of the Bohks family owning and operating the Minneopa Golf Club. After Hank suffered a heart attack while playing the 9th hole and passed away, the course’s management was turned over to his son, Kenneth Bohks. He operated the course with his wife, Donna, and his sister, Elaine in the early 1960s. Kenneth and Donna operated the course until 1997, when his son, Kyle, and daughter-in-law, Tracey, purchased the course from them.
In 2014, Minneopa Golf Course had a fire that burned down the clubhouse. Kyle and Tracey operated the rest of the season, but felt it was time to move on. In the spring of 2015, the Minneopa Golf Club was purchased from the Bohks family by an investment group in Mankato.
Other Sport or Activity
Hand Sanitizing Station
1 – Indoor Multi-purpose
1 – Outdoor Driving Range
1 – Outdoor Golf Course
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.