Today, Governor Walz announced changes to current dial-back restrictions through Executive Order 20-103.
Effective Friday, December 18, 2020 at 11:59 pm, through Sunday, January 10, 2021 at 11:59 pm, the Governor has extended the provisions of Executive Order 20-99, with some modifications published in executive order 20-103. The order calls for the following changes or extension of measures related to businesses, educational institutions and social gatherings:
- Social Gatherings will be limited to a maximum of 10 people (two households) while indoors with masks worn at-all-times. Indoor gatherings are discouraged. Outdoor social gatherings are limited to three families and 15 people outside.
- Indoor entertainment, restaurants, bars and establishments will remain closed through January 11, 2021.
- Outdoor entertainment will be allowed at 25% capacity, up to 100 people at a time. If food and drink are served, people must be seated.
- Gyms and fitness studios will re-open at 25% capacity with no group fitness classes, pool activity or use of showers. Masks must be worn at-all-times with social distancing of 12 feet at gyms.
- Youth sports will resume practices on January 4.
- Elementary schools (K-5) can conditionally open to in-person learning starting on January 18, 2021. It is the Governor’s goal to get back to in-person learning and the state will purchase PPE for schools, teachers, etc.
- Outdoor dining allowed at 50% capacity, up to 100 people, seated only, only 4 per party/table. 50% of the walls must remain open for airflow. Food trucks fine but people must sit down to eat.
Additionally, Walz will be signing a $216 million Business Relief Package into law.