Greater Mankato at the Capitol is the largest citizen advocacy event from our region. NEW in 2017, we are partnering with the Minnesota and Rochester Chambers of Commerce to hold a joint event on Wednesday, March 8 that will be bigger, better and will have more impact than ever.
Register now to attend this important event! Sponsorship opportunities are also still available, you can learn more here.
Here are the Top 10 Reasons why YOU should attend Greater Mankato at the Capitol:
- You don’t have to be afraid! We won’t stick you in a uncomfortable meeting with a legislator. This event allows you to share your passion for Greater Mankato and your business in a casual, stress-free environment.
- The Legislature is set to consider many important issues to our region like Highway 14 expansion, the Mankato/North Mankato sales tax extension and numerous key business issues like taxes and transportation funding. If you don’t advocate on these critical issues, who will?
- This year’s Greater Mankato at the Capitol is being completely re-imagined. We are partnering with the Minnesota Chamber, Rochester Chamber and others to give us more exposure to legislators and businesses from across the state.
- The Capitol was recently reopened after being closed for two years for a $300+ million renovation; come take a tour of the stunning capitol!
- The Greater Mankato Reception allows you to directly interact with legislators from across the state and share your story of why you live and work in Greater Mankato and get any policy issues you have heard by those that can make a difference.
- Cocktails, including complementary Mankato Brewery beer, are back!
- Round-trip transportation via coach bus, as well as lunch with a keynote speaker and hors d’oeuvre reception is provided in your registration fee!
- Cardboard Jonathan may make an appearance…
- You get the chance to network and interact with the more than 120 other Greater Mankato community leaders that attend Greater Mankato at the Capitol.
- It’s your business, your community, your state and your home – have a say in how they will be affected. Strong participation from the community is absolutely critical to the success of this event, and all of our efforts to raise awareness of Greater Mankato among those making and influencing public policy.