YES, Greater Mankato on the Green is still on!
Monday, July 13, 2020
We will have a few other changes for the tournament, but it's still on!
Some of the changes will be:
- We will not be doing the shotgun start this year, but instead you will pick your tee time when you register online.
- Social distanced registration process at the club.
- Golfers: ONE driver per cart, ONE walker - but both bags can be on cart.
- No closest to the target game.
- More social distancing protocols will be in place - per The Mankato Golf Club.
- Sponsorships will look different. Click here for sponsorship opportunities!
After registering, please fill out the Team & Tee Times form below. This will also be sent in your registration confirmation email.
We are excited to announce the 2020 Greater Mankato on the Green Golf Tournament registration is now open! This years event will be held at the Mankato Golf Club on Monday, July 13. This event provides a first-class opportunity to interact with approximately 200-member businesses and promote your business while enjoying 18 holes of golf and networking with other business associates.
As a member of Greater Mankato Growth, you know the importance of this tournament. The success of this non-dues fundraising event is critical to our organization (even more so this year) and we are looking to you for your support. As everyone continues to navigate clear direction, the Mankato Golf Club (MGC) has implemented a variety of social distancing policies designed to keep everyone safe and healthy. MGC protocol will be common practice during tournaments in 2020.
NOTE: Please read the important changes and protocols for this years event below. We would like everyone to have a great time on the 13th, while still following the safety protocols set out by the Mankato Golf Club.
MGC Policies to help maintain Social Distancing before, during and after the tournament:
- Carry on beverages other than water is PROHIBITED. Procedures have been set up to meet all your beverage needs at the Mankato Golf Club clubhouse and throughout the course in a responsible manner.
- Please do not arrive at the club more than 30 minutes before your assigned tee time.
- Social Distancing (6 feet apart) is of upmost importance.
- There will be staff to guide players to their golf carts, but the players MUST always handle their own golf bags.
- There will be two golf carts assigned per group with 2 or 3 bags allowed per cart. For each cart, there can only be ONE assigned driver per cart and that person MUST be the only driver of the cart for the entire round. Other players are REQUIRED to walk. The only exception is if two players reside in the same household, they may ride 2 to a cart.
Note: be sure to maintain social distancing of 6 feet at all times including when players retrieve clubs from their golf bags.
- The practice range is open to players as a brief warm up before your round. Stations are positioned at least 6 feet apart and crates MAY NOT be moved. We ask that you knock balls out of the crates with your golf club and for the sake of no contact with the golf balls or crates, tees are not allowed for use on the range for any clubs.
- Hand sanitizer is located around the facilities and course for your use.
- All rakes, water coolers and ball washers have been removed from the golf course.
- Our flagsticks are cleaned and disinfected regularly by staff, but YOU SHOULD NOT TOUCH THEM. All of our cups will be upside down enabling you to get the ball out without touching the flagstick or cup.
- The Golf Shop is open to a MAXIMUM of 4 people at a time. Look for the GREEN (come on in) or RED signs on the Golf Shop Door. (please wait for a person to leave before entering)
- No congregating is allowed in and around the clubhouse or parking lot before or after your round.
In addition, Greater Mankato Growth will have a few changes for this year’s tournament.
For everyone’s safety, we’ve had to redesign our check-in/registration process:
- There will be no day-of-event sign-up, as we attempt to operate in a “cashless” environment the day of the event. All participants will need to register through our website.
- During the registration process, participants will have the opportunity to pre-purchase Wine & Beer chances, other opportunities to be announced. Mulligans are rolled into the registration fee this year.
Due to social distancing requirements, there will be no pre-event lunch, post-event social hour or dinner program to follow. Due to this change, golfers have the option of a sack lunch on the course or a boxed dinner to take home following the tournament. All standard meal options (lunch or dinner) MUST be determined during online registration (not day of the tournament).
Breaking from tradition, this year there will be no shotgun start to the tournament. The MGC recommendation is to offer tee times beginning at 9 am. Flights will go out every ten minutes, per MGC’s new social distancing policies. Preferred tee time options are included in your online registration.
To ensure you receive your preferred tee time range we ask that you provide your TOP 3 times (i.e. 9 am – 10 am). Please put a 1 next to your first choice; 2 next to your second choice; and 3 next to your third choice.
Lastly, we ask everyone planning on golfing (individual or teams), to register by Monday, July 6. To ensure the financial viability of this event. There MUST be a minimum of 60 paid registrations by that time. If we are unable to meet this threshold, the event is subject to cancellation and any money collected prior to this time would be immediately refunded.
Thank you in advance for your understanding regarding this advance registration requirement and deadlines. By doing this you allow us to make sure we have the best event possible for all member businesses that intend on playing in support of Greater Mankato Growth and the business community.
We greatly appreciate your continued support during these uncertain times. We are confident through your continued support and investment we will get through this together.
QUESTIONS: firstname.lastname@example.org or 507.385.6641
Get your Message in Front of Members:
Our annual golf event is filled with camaraderie as well as lots of fun! Get the exposure you've been hoping for this summer, in front of numerous Greater Mankato Growth members. There are still great marketing opportunities available for this popular event!
Due to social distancing requirements, all sponsors will need to get creative this year! Sponsors ARE allowed on the course at specified TEE or GREEN.
PROJECTED ATTENDANCE: 144 golfers (plus sponsors, volunteers, and staff)
AUDIENCE: Business leaders, their clients and Greater Mankato Growth volunteers
CONTACT: email@example.com or 507.385.6641
Beverage Cart Sponsor:
Abdo, Eick & Meyers LLP
Alpha Media Mankato
Bolton & Menk, Inc.
Ecumen Pathstone Living
Functional Chiropractic Rehab
Minnesota Valley Federal Credit Union
MinnStar Bank - Mankato
SERVPRO of Mankato/Owatonna
South Central College
The Pillars of Mankato
United Prairie Bank