The Minnesota Young American Leaders Program
Since 2015, the Itasca Project has sent cohorts of ten rising leaders to Harvard Business School for the Young American Leaders Program. In 2019, the Itasca Project partnered with the Center for Integrative Leadership at the University of Minnesota to create the Minnesota Young American Leaders Program, which is inspired by the HBS Program. The two programs share themes, content, and some speakers. Both focus on the US and regional competitiveness, shared prosperity, and cross-sector collaborations; both programs seek to create relationships among civically focused rising leaders in our region.
MYALP will hold its fifth annual conference from May 19 to 22, 2024 at the University of Minnesota. This year, MYALP will be welcoming cohorts from Greater Mankato, Greater Fargo-Moorhead, Greater Minnapolis-St. Paul, Greater Rochester, Greater St. Cloud, and Northeast MN. There is no cost to participants to attend this program; lodging and travel expenses are also covered.
Greater Mankato Growth is proud to announce nine outstanding individuals who will participate in this year’s program:
- Kuldeep Agarwal, Professor at Minnesota State University
- Collin Bennett, Project Manager at Knutson Construction
- Sabri Fair, Environment and Sustainability Planner at Region Nine Development Commission
- Amanda Hird, Mental Health Professional – Psychotherapy and Case Management Clinical Supervision at Blue Earth County
- Tricia Lewis, Operations & Governance Director at Mankato Area Foundation
- Garrett Lieffring, Associate Director of Employer Relations at Kivu Immigration Law PLLC
- Adam Massmann, Program Director at VINE Faith in Action
- Ryan Marti, Director of Supply Chain at Taylor Corporation
- Sam Schirmers, Program Coordinator at Mankato Area Public Schools & Community Education