You are here
Engineering & Technology
Minnesota Center for Engineering & Manufacturing Excellence
Focuses on increasing the pool of technically educated graduates and certified employees to assist innovative manufacturers, particularly related to automation and renewable and recyclable resources.
Minnesota High Tech Association
Supports the growth, sustainability, and global competitiveness of Minnesota's technology-based economy through advocacy, education, and collaboration.
Minnesota Technical Assistance Program
Helps Minnesota businesses develop and implement industry-tailored solutions that prevent pollution at the source, maximize efficient use of resources, and reduce energy use and cost to improve public health and the environment.
SciTechsperience is an exciting internship program that creates the opportunity for Minnesota businesses to work with talented college STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) students to develop solutions for real world challenges.
SciTechsperience provides a low-cost solution for small and medium-sized companies that otherwise may not have access to qualified interns. Participating companies receive matching funds of 50% of the intern’s wages up to $2,500.
- Dollar for dollar cash match up to 50% of the intern’s wages ($2,500 max)
- Get help finding qualified interns – SciTechsperience does the recruiting for you
- The hiring decision is yours
- Find future employees, increase productivity and revitalize your organization with fresh perspectives
- Develop Minnesota’s STEM workforce by providing hands-on experience to talented college students in dynamic industries like yours
- Keep talented STEM students in Minnesota after they graduate in order to strengthen and advance Minnesota’s knowledge-based economy
- Must be a for-profit company conducting business in Minnesota
- Seven-county metro area companies must have fewer than 150 employees; companies outside the 7-county metro area must have fewer than 250 employees
- The internship must provide hands-on experience in the company’s industry
- The company is doing business in one of the following industries:
- Aerospace and Defense
- Agriculture, Food, Forestry
- Biotechnology, Life Sciences and Health IT
- Engineering Services
- Fuels, Energy, Energy Management
- IT/Computer Technology
- Mining, Materials, Manufacturing and Processing